new beginnings: a life update

As a matter of habit, I usually don't get very personal on here...with that being said, I wanted to take a little time to post pertaining to the pretty awesome changes going on in my life right now:

After giving conventional secondary education a few tries, working various jobs that I really didn't care all that much for and getting a good glimpse into what the world is like without an education or skill, I have decided to attend beauty school. This is something that has been a longtime dream of mine but also something that I had always been a bit hesitant about for various reasons. I know that this is something that I will be successful at and enjoy doing long term. I am at a point in my life right now where I am ready to deal with whatever doubts I may have had. I am ready to make nothing but positive changes in my life and quite honestly, "make things happen".

I will be going to classes at night during the week and every other Saturday all day. As a result of this schedule, I have had to find a new job during the day. So yea...lots of change. I have been at my present job for nearly two years and my coworkers have become more like family. I am sad to leave but this total change in direction is something that I really need to do for myself and my future. Thankfully, everybody I know has been more than supportive.

So everything is finally falling into place. School will start at the end of April. My new job will begin next Thursday and financial things are currently being sorted out. Things aren't going to be easy as I will be going full throttle from morning until late at night all week, every week for the next 18 months or so. The positive of this is that I will actually have the same days off as my boyfriend now! I think that about sums it up...I don't know how much less the internet will be seeing of me yet. Guess we'll find out. Here's a picture of my new bangs from this past weekend. New hair. New me. New things going on.

5 comments:

Charlotte Pahline said...

How exciting! I can't wait to hear how school goes and all the beauty information you learn. Love the bangs too, super chic! XO

Brissa said...

blace! this sounds so exciting! with your natural style, i have no doubt you'll be fantastic on this new path. and really. i just can't get over how great your bangs look.

April said...

Oh my goodness, this sounds amazing and super exciting. I'm so happy for you! And you look GREAT! :)

Amber said...

Beauty school sounds like a great idea. best of luck with your future endeavors.

meg said...

Congrats on your big decision! I've been going back and forth on going to beauty school or becoming a nail tech, or going to grad school. Its such a big decision! I'm glad you made it!