jean paul gaultier spring 2012 couture(backstage)

Since I seem to be on a Jean Paul Gaultier kick of sorts today, I figured that these backstage shots from his Spring 2012 Couture show would be more than fitting...
The collection, inspired by the late Amy Winehouse, was a little bit rockabilly, a little bit disheveled and came with a whole lot of attitude. Complete with bouffants and beauty marks, the models wore a rainbow of clothing inspired by the singer. During the finale, models graced the runway donning veils. All in all, this show (while in this author's humble opinion paling by comparison to Fall 2011's Black Swan couture extravaganza) served as a well conceived and proper send-off to a musical legend. R.I.P. Amy.
Photos courtesy of: style.com

4 comments:

Hilary said...

So this post is amazing. And I love your blog's look now.

Hilary said...

So this post is amazing. And I love your blog's look now.

aki! said...

I love the use of color. It's eclectic.

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

those red shoes are fabulous!