can't live without


oldies but goodies
I have recently been inspired to fill you in on three of my all-time-favorite, super cheap & highly effective products. Here's how I like to use them:

1. Baking Soda: So many uses, so little time. Beauty wise, I love to use baking soda as a gentle exfoliant. Baking soda is a pH neutralizer and leaves skin feeling soft, smooth and (dare I say) glowing. To use, simply add a bit of water and apply to skin or use it in addition to your everyday cleanser. I have acne prone skin and using baking soda regularly has proven to be more effective than most more expensive solutions and products.

2. Cold Cream: I am upset that I haven't been using this product longer. For generations, women have been using cold cream to perfect and maintain their complexions. While many swear by using it as a mask or moisturizer, I use it daily to remove my eye makeup. Stubborn black mascara and long-stay eyeliners don't stand a chance against this stuff. Simply rub a pea sized amount into your eyes (don't worry, it won't burn) and then wipe away the residue.

3. Carmex Lip Balm: Carmex is something that I have stayed away from for many years after once hearing from my orthodontist that it is "the worst thing" to use for chapped lips. He couldn't have been more wrong! I have very recently been dealing with extremely chapped lips...the splitting and bleeding kind. Every night and every day I applied and reapplied nearly every brand of lip balm and chapstick out there with no effect. It almost seemed as though they were making my lips worse. Finally I broke down and decided to give Carmex a shot. In literally a matter of hours, improvement could be seen and felt. I was shocked! Here I am now about three days later with the healthiest looking lips that I have had in a long time. The results really do speak for themselves.



























6 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

never tried cold cream but love the other two.

Charlotte said...

Great tip on the baking soda, I've never tried that but I'm going to now for sure!

April said...

CARMEX FO EVA lol :)

Amber said...

I use ponds every night. it really does work!

Andrea said...

Carmex is really amazing I love the tingly feeling.

v o j a c q u e said...

My beau can't live without Carmex! I've never tried the cold cream but will now!