wardrobe cleanup

I've gotten into a bit of a slump lately...and by lately I mean this past year or two.
I used to love to show my creativity and express my personality through my clothing choices. I hated wearing the same thing day-in and day-out. Mostly though, I loved the feeling that I got from looking & feeling good in what I was wearing.
During this slump that I have been in, I've become trapped in a cycle of boring work clothes during the day and comfy t-shirts/pajamas/shorts in the evenings. Even on my days off, I've made a habit out of jeans and the same old boring t-shirts. Well I think that it's time to break free from the monotony of this cycle. It's time for me to feel great again every day, not just on special occasions.
The Cleanup
Making my way through my closet & dresser drawers, I sorted things into 4 groups:
1. KEEPERS- Items that I do or should be wearing. EXAMPLES: My favorite cardigan, Jeans with the perfect fit, A good quality & versatile blouse.
2. DONATE- Items that somebody else could be making perfectly good use of. EXAMPLES: Old t-shirts, Items that don't fit, Things that just "aren't my style" anymore.
3. SELL- Items that I could donate but am pretty sure that I can make a quick buck on. EXAMPLES: The Juicy Couture leather purse that I just had to have & don't use. Ever.
4. TRASH- Items that won't do anybody any good. I hate to throw things away, but there is just no hope for these items. EXAMPLES: Stained items, Ripped tights, Worn out shoes.

After all was said and done, I ended up with two full bags of items to take over to my local Goodwill and a few things to sell online. Now I feel like I am in a good place to start the real work of this rehab...

3 comments:

Tang said...

Awesome! I really really really need to do this because I have clothes all over the place! You should post on what you kept! :)

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

I did a closet clean up a few weeks ago and this weekend I did a shopping trip for essentials that I thought about and though about then decided I needed- Very freeing and great Feng Shui move.

Rachael said...

It is a good feeling having that kind of sort out. I took another two bags to the charity shop this morning, hope they can make some good from it x