l'artiste 1.5


Today, Google honors a legendary illustrator by dedicating their homepage to what would have been her 100th birthday. Whether you know it or not, you are probably familiar with her work already.
As a Disney illustrator, Blair helped in the production of such films as Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan and Cinderella. After resigning from Disney, Blair worked as a freelance illustrator and graphic designer. Mary Blaire also produced illustrations for many of the Little Golden Books (a personal childhood favorite of mine).
Here's a tiny sampling of some of her work:

Name: Mary Blair
Website: magicofmaryblair.com


6 comments:

Carrie said...

I love Google today! I hope you have lovely weekend!

Carrie

alkeemia said...

ooo i had no idea about her or her work. beautiful illustrations! what a legend.

Krystal said...

i love that second to last one...very cool.

the same fish said...

I love Mary Blair! The Alice in Wonderland images are my total faves.

Cassy @ samefishnewpond.blogspot.com

mandyface said...

I LOVE Mary Blair! That second pic is awesome! I've never seen it before!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

Very cool- I love this work- Reminiscent of Disney's Jungle Book, to me too.