diy(branch jewelry display)execution

Today was a bit of a lazy day dedicated mostly to catching up on laundry, enjoying the slightly cooler temperatures, drinking too much coffee & continuing my ongoing mission to creatively organize my jewelry.
A few posts back I featured a clever idea for displaying jewelry with a natural twist. I opted to do something similar this afternoon & although I didn't hang my handiwork on the wall, I did finally find a function for the vase my little sister made me in the ceramics class she took last semester. I still have jewelry tucked away in boxes, but at least now I have easier access to pieces I am more apt to wear.

Overall, this project required very little real effort:
Step 1: Find a decent branch (easy to do when there was a storm the night before)

Step 2: Saw/break off any excess
Step 3: Attach any additional branches with hot glue & allow to dry (optional)
Step 4: Find a vase/container to hold the branch
Step 5: Hang necklaces/bracelets/rings as desired
Even my puppy Max got in on the DIY fun!
He helped by chewing the branch excess to bits & then falling asleep on the patio while I hot glued.

13 comments:

April said...

That looks pretty sweet.
Cute puppy! :)

Krystal said...

that is awesome, good job!

Mo Pie, Please said...

Nicely done! I have one similar to this from UO but it doesn't look as cool because it wasn't made by you :)

jenni said...

That's a great idea!! I have one from Ikea, and needless to say, it's so much more boring!

two birds said...

i've always wanted to do this, but unfortunately, i'd probably need a whole tree to hang my necklaces on (hoarder!) i do love it, though....and max is adorable!

mandyface said...

I bought one of these branch things from Target for way too much lol so I think this project is tops. It'd be cool to make a bigger one for Christmas bauble decorations!

Carrie said...

love it!

t said...

Nice display and cute dog!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Red Reiding Hood said...

Cute doggie!

Loves,
Rowan

www.redreidinghood.com

ps: join my giveaway for a chance to win your own .com domain! So your link will transform from www.yourblog.blogspot.com into www.yourblog.com.

head over heels said...

amazing - this is so simple but the kind of thing you'd fork over a fortune for in the shops! x

Payton said...

My friend actually did this, but she put the branch in a bottle and put christmas lights around it instead. It's pretty cute. :)

Hilary said...

This is an awesome Idea, i'm totally doing this soon!!

vojacque said...

Oh, I love this.