all that glitters

Lately I've been hoping that subtle, gradual changes will lead to bigger & better ones.

One tiny change that I have made recently pertains to my lack of wearing jewelry. The biggest obstacle for me to overcome has been bracelets/watches. I just don't like them. Hitting them on things throughout my day, feeling cumbersome while typing or writing, etc. Like I said, I've been working on it. If you read my previous (and first ever) outfit post, then you might have noticed some arm decor. 

Let's break it all down:

1.The Watch was recently bought at Goodwill for a whopping $2.50. Although it doesn't tell time (even with a brand new battery), I still really like the look refined look of it. The band is "genuine lizard" skin & the face has a little art deco styling.
2. The Curb Chain Bracelet wrapped in embroidery thread is a recent DIY. I love that the color breaks up all the gold and that I could easily change the color combo depending on my mood/the season. If you've got an old bracelet (a la Juicy Couture) & some thread laying around, I definitely recommend giving the DIY a try.
3. The Rhinestone Stretch Bracelet is part of a series of 4 that my mom gave me while she was in town this past weekend to celebrate both of our birthdays.
4. And finally, the Two Simple Bangles are part of a collection of my great grandmother's costume jewelry. I found these hiding in my jewelry box while cleaning it out a few weeks ago. Wearing these reminds me of running in the sprinkler, big family meals & playing in her jewelry so many years ago (back then I loved to pile on the bracelets, necklaces, brooches and rings).

What are some of your favorite pieces of jewelry?
What do you wear on a daily basis?

5 comments:

Mrs. Julius said...

awww i love these pieces you have! i really want a curb chain bracelet...still looking for a cheap affordable one. that is so sweet that you have your great grandmother's bangles. I would rock those everyday!

right now its hard for me to wear a lot of jewelry because Marcus pulls on everything i have on..so i stick with the basics....my wedding ring and one of my MK watches. :)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Oooh I love every single piece! My favorite piece of accessory would have to be necklaces and bracelets. =)

dina vanessa mercado said...

wow! nice accessories... by the way thanks for your comment.. following you always.. loved your blog...

http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com

ENTER MY INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY! WIN A SATCHEL AND FABULOUS ACCESSORIES! HERE'S THE LINK--> http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/2011/09/september-october-international.html

t said...

Nice jewelry!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

creativefashionglee said...

I really love seeing women with fabulous bracelets and I admire how these pieces can accent a look. But personally, I don´t wear jewelries or these kind of accessories. Like you, I feel heavy with them. More importantly, I challenge my creativity by looking fab without the help of things that glitter. :)