neglectful

This has been a sort-of-busy week of doing nearly everything except updating my blog:
I bought an awesome sewing machine and sewed my first article of clothing from a pattern, by myself, ever (see picture below). I am so excited to buy more patterns and I think that I may have found my latest and greatest hobby. The dress below took me less than a day. I caught some rays at the pool while working on reading my first novel of choice for summer: The Berlin Stories by Christopher Isherwood. My boyfriend and I purchased another computer monitor and a larger desk so that he can work more easily at home (apparently you need dual monitors when designing circuit boards). My boyfriend and I also did a little pretend house hunting online. I started, and am nearly done, watching The Kennedys mini-series on Netflix. I totally clipped my nails off and decided to start from square one. And I started getting excited for my upcoming vacations to Oklahoma and Florida. Hope that your weekends are all going well and that everybody has an awesome and perfect Father's Day tomorrow!


8 comments:

Novelista Barista said...

so awesome! and very pretty!

Jessica said...

looks awesome! nice work.

Rachael said...

fab job you've done x

Hilary Mae said...

That is awesome! Wanna share what pattern???

Crystle said...

Cute dress!

I discovered the Kennedy's on Netflix too! I'm on episode 5, trying to draw it out so it lasts. I keep thinking to myself, he's JFK, why do they call him Jack??

Keep us posted on your vacation to good ole Okla!

P.S. Oklahoma is really hot today. Come when it's cooler :-)

Mrs. Julius said...

great job! love the dress.

April said...

Looks great!!!

Mandy said...

How cute! I need to pull my sewing machine out for some quality time. It's been far too long.