nails(demure vixen)

While at work this past Saturday, I discovered possibly the greatest nail polish ever: "Demure Vixen" by Essie. I bought this a while back when Ulta was running a "buy two, get one free" deal on the more expensive polishes. I also had a $3.50 off coupon which made my purchase all the more worth while.
Demure Vixen (great name by the way) is a super easy-to-wear polish. It dried very quickly and applied like a dream. This polish is highly build-able. One coat gave my nails a beautiful, sheer coloring. Two coats brought out the lilac and three coats only intensified the overall effect. The color is beautiful but I can't quite pinpoint how to describe it. The Essie website describes it as "an iridescent cocoa mauve". The color is truly transformational in every type of light and almost other worldly in it's appearance. The shot below was taken near my bedroom window in natural, late afternoon sunlight. If you are looking for something subtle enough for everyday wear but still has a little bit of edge, Demure Vixen is worth a look.
Also, can you tell that I took a lot of length off of my nails? I decided to file them down the other day after my thumb cracked. Surprisingly, this wasn't a heartbreaking thing for me to do. I've been amazed at how quickly my nails have been growing since they've become so much more healthy.

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Now that is a lovely colour xx

Hilary Mae said...

That is a fantastic color. I just bought an OPI similar to this. Awesome!

Brissa said...

i love that color! i've been looking for a good polish in that same family.

LCR said...

ohh the colour is so lovely.

Ashley Sloan said...

Ooooh that would be hilarious if we had the same glasses!!! And I love your blog! It is great! I love this nail polish! Do you work at Ulta?! Oh and that crackle nail polish is pretty cool too! Well have a great day!

k come karolina said...

great color!



xoxo from rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

Jacqueline H. Vo said...

lovely colour indeed!