may birchbox (version 2.0)

Okay, a decent post about my May (and first ever) shipment from Birchbox:

Like I said before, I was really excited to be receiving this. Birchbox appealed to me because, firstly, I like to buy things online so that I can get something in the mail (I hope that I am not alone in this) and, secondly, I love trying different beauty products. However, with a very limited budget, it's difficult for me to justify splurging on typically "higher end" products without knowing much about them.
So far I have only tried the "Moisturizing Lip Gloss" by Jouer and the "Purifying Mud Mask" by Ahava...and I loved them both. Enough to spend $20 and $30 on the full sized versions? Probably not, but these little samples should give me my beauty-product-sampling-fix for the next month (until the next shipment arrives).
One thing that I loved immediately when opening the box was how well everything was packaged. Wrapped in hot pink tissue paper, tied up with a little ribbon, a greeting/information card, etc. It all gave me the feeling that somebody had actually been sitting there, packing this little parcel just for me. Also, I am guessing that each monthly box has a theme to it as my greeting card started off with:


"Mom knows best, which is why this month we're celebrating everything she's taught us over the years...This box is filled with elegant products that will always be in style, just like Mom."

Anyways, so far so good. I have to admit though, my hopes might have been just a teeny-tiny bit higher, but at only $10 a month, I really can't complain. Not yet at least.

11 comments:

Rachael said...

Sounds good for $10, at least you get that fun kind of excitement of not having a clue what might be inside every month!

Kandice said...

um.
i'm in love with your blog.


no one listens when i talk conspiracy theory. and now here you are.

April said...

You should send me an invite. I really think I want to do it!
since1990_xx@yahoo.com

Bon Bon said...

FUN! I tend to turn into a giddy little kid whenever I get anything in the mail:-) xoxo

Gwiddle said...

I totally love buying things online to get mail too<3 haha.

Victoria said...

I LOVE getting stuff in the mail ! :D

AlbeeLucky said...

Thanks so much for posting this. I have been wanting to do this but was hesitant till I saw your review. So now I'll be getting my 1st package in June and I can't wait to see what's inside.

xo-AlbeeLucky.blogspot.com

Trine Marie said...

Cute thing to get in the mail anyways ^^ What is it you want to be doing? And btw, southern gothic literature <3

rebecca said...

don't worry, i love getting things in the post too! and this isn't bad for $10, hope it lives up to expectations (;

http://itscohen.blogspot.com

Hilary Mae said...

This is awesome, and i'm seriously considering doing this too.

Hilary
theyoungandthenaive.blogspot.com

Pierrot le Fou said...

I really wish they did Birch Boxes over here!