(hair)envy + diy

The Proenza Schouler Spring RTW 2011 Runway Hair:
Slightly chaotic and massively appealing.
Totally laissez-faire hair that's just perfect for summer.

View the backstage shots here.

And if you want to try it yourself, it's nearly a foolproof process:
I highly suggest using a sea salt spray and/or dry shampoo beforehand for added volume, texture and matte finish. Twist hair into a low bun, allowing pieces near the front to fall as they will. Pin your hair loosely. I personally prefer to pin my hair low and usually a little off to the side. For added dishevelment, pull other portions of hair free. I also like to slip my fingers into the hair at my crown and pull the section loose a bit more for added "ooph". You may opt to finish off with a light, overall spritz of hairspray.

6 comments:

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

yessss that hair is AMAZING.

Poppy said...

I adore this - I think I'll have to try it out for myself!

LCR said...

unreal. lovin' it.

Chrissy said...

Love the hair.

April said...

Love messy buns!

Nikki said...

ooooh, I want that hair! ^^ x