the burn

TWO EASY STEPS TO INSPIRE YOURSELF TO GET INTO SHAPE:
1. Buy a really cute pair of high-waisted denim shorts off of eBay

2. Only to find out that they don't fit.

Today will be Day 2 of me putting forth some effort.
I am not overweight by any means, I just think that I could stand to tone up, eat a little bit more consciously and maybe, just maybe, get back down to my "pre-boyfriend" weight (approximately 10lbs less). My current plan involves brisk walks intermixed with lunges, pilates (via Netflix), bringing my lunch to work, hitting the gym at my apartment 2-3 times a week, no soda (I'm already pretty good about that) and staying consistent with my vitamin intake.
I've always been healthy (or have at least given off the appearance of health). I used to do long distance running in school and danced classical ballet for literally most of my life. I usually get on one of these health kicks every few months or so...but I would like this one to really stick.

Q. What are some of the things that you do to stay healthy?

10 comments:

Sarah said...

I really need to cut out soda too! I am not so good at that.

Sounds like you got a kickass plan in place, rock it out! ♥

Cat said...

Oh, I hate those sort of ebay snaffus!!!! I really love that 80s shot you found...look at all those leotards and tights!

Good luck, sweets!

xx Cat brideblu

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

high waisted denim shorts always inspire me bc i want thinner legs :) haha

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Mrs. Julius said...

If you stick with that plan you'll be in shape in no time! Good luck! :)

I started working out the beginning of April but slacked off so now I just started p90x and boy does it burn. Now I see why so many people quit it. I'm really trying to stick with it...i want my old tummy back. :(

rach. said...

thanks for the wonderful comment! i love your blog! :) very interesting! :)

www.so--hi.blogspot.com

Miss Woody said...

ahahah perfect photo !!

Alecks Freitas said...

As a blog that has many followers, basic design more beautiful, I love this blog. Subject upgraded, nice pictures ...
One thing. I do not understand nothin. I speak basic Inglês, I live in Brazil, in Amazonia. Here Is Beautiful city and wonderful rivers.
I'm blogger, I speak about ItBoy Fashion, But am novice and need help.
Today I'll talk about Blazer, and comments of you need. ok
tips, suggestions, criticisms ...
Blog: http://www.FashionItBoy.blogspot.com

Hugs!
Boy Blog

rach. said...

hi, friend! i awarded you the stylish blogger award! check back to my blog to continue with the fun! :)

www.so--hi.blogspot.com

Raz said...

Ahhh, the famed pre-boyfriend weight. Will I ever be there? I wish!

I think I'm the same though, I'm not particularly worried, I'd just like to feel a little bit fitter, slimmer and in general more healthy.

Jessi said...

I think if I had a workout outfit like those I'd be inspired :)