bookish(a year in japan)

While perusing my bookshelf today, I came across one of my all-time-favorite reads & felt the need to share it with you all: "A Year In Japan" by Kate T. Williamson. 
The author's interest in sock design took her to Japan and this little book is a result of her various journals & sketches that she kept while there. Take a look at some of the artwork here. Every time I flip through this book, I feel like I am getting a tiny taste of a country that I have always had a fascination with and have always had a dream of being able to visit someday. The passages are short yet insightful. The images are beautiful in their simplicity.

IN OTHER NEWS: 
1. 100% done with one of my classes for this semester (my good grade exempts me from the final!)
2. Hello, Welcome & Thank You to all of my new and recent followers! 
3. Nerd Alert: Just finished upgrading my OS to the new (Ubuntu) 11.04 version. Love it!

9 comments:

Krystal said...

hey congrats on being done with school!! and being exempt from finals must feel AMAZING.

Dirt On The Rocks said...

This book definitely looks interesting. I actually enjoy the book suggestions you've been posting and there's nothing like a book that lets you in a taste of another world different from yours.

Congratulations on being exempt on your final! That's awesome. Not everyone can say that their grade has exceeded for them not to have to take the final. Congrats again!

Jessi said...

yeah on being done school!!

Mo Pie, Please said...

Congrats - a great grade is always awesome!

I've never heard of the book but it seems worthy of checking into!

Trine Marie said...

Hiya! I'm just on my way to work, but just wanted to stop by to say I totally agree on the leather chair, the boxes and the mosaic! It's beautiful! :) Have a wondeful day! And can't wait to actually have time to sit down and read some posts when I get home this afternoon! xxx

Kaisha said...

Congrats on finishing for the semester! I wish I were exempt from my last exams haha! Great to hear you're doing so well.

I might check out the book in my break x

Hannah said...

Nice blog, please check out mine.

lets-fly-away-from-here.blogspot.com

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

never heard of this book but sounds interesting.

Vanesa said...

Many congrats honey!!

xx

http://lipstickcandy.blogspot.com/