bikinis and tornadoes

Well yesterday was an interesting day to say the least.
I ended up at the mall only to realize that the H&M is not scheduled to open until Summer of 2011 and apparently it's not summer yet...so yea, was feeling pretty dumb. I did end up finding a pretty cute swim suit at forever21 though. It's the black, floral print with underwire one that you see below.
After I finished up at the mall, I decided to get my grocery shopping done and out of the way and ended up finding another swim suit at walmart of all places. So yea, mission more or less accomplished!


It had been extremely humid & hot all day yesterday and we were supposed to have bad weather nearly all day...but we didn't. That all changed in the evening. It started out with storms in the west, headed directly our direction. I called my family to check up on them when it started to rain and hail violently where we live. My boyfriend and I live in a third floor apartment home, so we were a little concerned. When the hail reached about baseball size, the sky had that trademark, greenish hue, the sirens had been sounding for about 30 minutes and we could not hear the television over the sound of the wind and hail...we ran downstairs through the hail, hoping that one of our neighbors would let us in. Thankfully they did and we hung out there for about an hour and a half listening to the weather radio.
I have no idea how many tornadoes that there were in the area last night, or how many of those actually touched down. What I do know is that at one point there was one directly north of us and one directly south of us, both less than 5 miles away. The whole time I kept thinking about what has happened all across the country, most recently in Missouri. Needless to say, I was pretty shook up. I am getting a little fed up with the storms this year. I have lived in this area for nearly 20 years and this is definitely not normal. Everything is okay today. My car is dinged up, but who cares. I am just extremely thankful that everyone I know is safe and that last night didn't turn into a repeat of Missouri, Alabama, Oklahoma, etc.


12 comments:

Katie said...

I really like the yellow bikkini, it makes me all excited for summer! (even though summer doesn't really exist in england lol). I can't believe all the crazy weather your having over there, stay safe!
xxx

rebecca said...

i refuse to accept that it's not summer yet! love the bikini (:

http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

Brissa said...

cute swimsuits!
that weather would have scared me to death. especially with them being so close. i hope the weather gets better soon so summer and h&m can get to you faster.

Crystle said...

Not true! One of the Dallas malls has H&M Preview store I shopped there in March. Not fully launched, but they are open!

Also, one of those tornadoes touched town 10 miles from my office yesterday, scary stuff after seeing what happened in Joplin.

Anna said...

The weather's been crazy, hasn't it? I'm glad you guys made it out okay. I wish everyone could have been so fortunate. I've never been near a tornado and can only hope to never experience that.

LCR said...

i'm so glad you are ok! scary this weather down south... but way to keep your chin up and think of happy things like pretty bikinis! stay safe, girl.

April said...

Blegh, I work with FEMA in one of the disaster areas in Alabama and we're all worried about the weather tomorrow.. because we work in a tent. Not good if the tornadoes come through again! Plus these people have been through enough! :\

Crystle said...

Nike store, eh? I did find a killer pair of Nike boots at a Nike store in British Columbia a few years ago.

Optimism!

Krystal said...

I"m sorry you had to go through that weather :( It definitely does sound so completely insane there! I lived in iowa/indiana most of my life and never heard of so many in one area like that..

Gabrielle said...

Glad you're ok! On the plus, those bikinis are lovely. I'm following you now, would love if you followed me too!

xx
ilikeitfast.blogspot.com

Kathryn said...

Those swimsuits are so cute! More importantly, glad you're safe :)

Mandy said...

So glad you're safe! And I am SUPER excited to hear that H&M is opening soon. It's ridiculous there aren't more in Texas.