such great heights

I stumbled across the link for this amazing idea over at Krystal's blog, Village. I traveled back far enough and found the original DIY here.
This is something that I will definitely have to do as soon as possible. In fact, maybe I can convince my boyfriend to go dumpster diving with me after work today to see if we can find a pallet. 

I think that my biggest issue with this, as usual, would be figuring out what to plant. My boyfriend is aching for some edibles, but I cannot resist flowers. Apartment gardening can be tough. I was formerly restricted to a few indoor terrariums but now have a garden window in my kitchen that allows for a little more space. This vertical Pallet Garden is a great solution to my current space restrictions.


I hope that you are having a truly glorious Sunday.

12 comments:

Jessi said...

oh I love this!!

April said...

This is amazing. I have a few plants at my back door, but we don't have patios. It's so unfortunate

kenzie said...

ahhh, this is fabulous. i would love to have something like that. soon, hopefully....
hope your weekend was fantastic, friend ;)

dulci said...

what a sweet little garden! Will have to do this on my terrace :)

http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

That's an amazing idea! And perfect for people that don't have much space. I'll have to link my friend who has a small apartment balcony--she'll love it!

Natalie Suarez said...

this is so cute! love it! :)

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

Kaisha said...

What a great idea! So glad you posted this. I have a lot of space here, but I know I will need this DIY for when I move out. Bookmarked! x

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

I'd love to have a pretty colorful garden too and maybe even have a couple edibles like tomatoes, oranges, and lemon.

acommonthread said...

aah! so perfect. i see those things lying around on the street all the time in NYC. such a perfect use.

Anna said...

that's such a cool idea.

and i love your blog design, so fresh.

Krystal said...

ooo fun!! you can should do the bottom tiers flowers and the top tier a pizza spice farm!

vojacque said...

LOVING this idea. apartment gardening can be tough, indeed. looking into this!