diy(rosemary hair rinse)

Here in North Texas, we have had six consecutive days of severe weather. Although I didn't see any tornadoes in my area today, I sure didn't feel like getting out and risking getting caught in a storm. Instead, I stayed home & put together a little DYI for you.
 
Inspired by the flourishing rosemary in my little window garden, I decided to make a quick and easy hair rinse. When I was a kid, my grandmother would play "beauty shop" with me and wash my hair in the kitchen sink, always ending with some sort of refreshing rinse.
Rosemary is great for dandruff (which I occasionally suffer from), helps to stimulate hair growth & is even known to enrich dark hair, deepening it's color and bringing out natural dimension.
Vinegar is an excellent clarifier. It balances the pH level of your hair/scalp, strips out impurities and as a result...leaves your hair incredibly shiny.

Supplies Needed:
1. Fresh Rosemary
2. Filtered Water
3. Glass Container (I used a Salad Dressing Cruet)
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
5. Kitchen Shears

1. First of all, heat two cups of filtered water to a gradual boil in a small sauce pan. Easy enough, right?
2. While you are waiting for the water to boil, place the fresh cut rosemary into the glass container. I cut two sprigs, each about 3" in length.
3. Once the water reaches a rolling boil, carefully pour it into the glass container, over the rosemary. I did this over the sink for obvious reasons. Now that all the hard work is over, let your concoction sit and cool until it reaches room temperature.
4. Once everything has cooled down, add 1 tablespoon of the apple cider vinegar. Close container and shake gently to mix. And that's it...you're done!

To use:
After washing hair like normal, pour rinse over hair. Do not wash out. Allow hair to dry & be prepared to enjoy soft, shiny and happy locks!

15 comments:

April said...

Ahhhhh, I really, really want to try this!!

Krystal said...

wow, this is such a cool diy recipe!! i'm lazy about trying them but i'm going to save this!!

Diana Mieczan said...

I am so going to try this one. It sounds so good! Have a great day
Kisses

Ps: I’m hosting an awesome swimming suit GIVEAWAY later today! Just in time for summer!

Demüre said...

ah! I love this!! thanks so much for the tip!!!

Vanesa said...

Such a cute idea!!!! i,ll try!!

Kisses! i follow you!!!

xx
http://lipstickcandy.blogspot.com/

Mo Pie, Please said...

Very cool - thanks for the tutorial! How does it smell? I'm so curious!

Kat said...

this looks so cool!! definitely gonna try this!

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

What a cool and easy DIY. Thanks for sharing!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

elisabeth said...

i'm going to have to try this out!
thanks for sharing!

♥elisabeth

p.s. i love your blog :)

Eva said...

i've never heard of this, how interesting! i shall have to try it

Little Tree Vintage said...

this looks so cool! gotta try it

Ashley said...

Oooo...I love DIY stuff :) And I love rosemary. Thanks for this!

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

that's looks fantastic! i need to try this. it even looks kind of pretty :)

sparkle is a color (Katrina) said...

I am kind of obsessed with DIY hair remedies. I definitely need to try this!

Sarah said...

I've never heard of using rosemary - might just have to try it out! p.s. hello - first time visiting your blog ;)